Webinar: Making Disability Everyone's Business
In the UK there are 14 million disabled people and yet many businesses fail to include disability in their inclusion strategies. Disabled people continue to be left out of the workplace in huge numbers and are therefore often under-represented when it comes to deciding where to focus the inclusion agenda. This webinar was be led by Victoria Whitehouse, Inclusion Lead at Virgin Media who shared the steps Virgin Media have taken to improve disability inclusion within their own organisation and explained how their work as a strategic partner of The Valuable 500 is helping to get 500 business leaders to commit to putting disability inclusion on their Board agenda.
This webinar covered:
- An overview of disability inclusion in the workplace
- The impact of Covid-19 on disabled workers
- The journey Virgin Media has been on to improve disability inclusion in their own organisation
- The Valuable 500 and how you can get involved
- How employers can address the disability pay gap
Victoria Whitehouse is the Inclusion Lead at Virgin Media. Virgin Media is leading the way in disability inclusion through their strategic partnerships with The Valuable 500 and the disability equality charity, Scope with whom they launched the #WorkWithMe pledge, to help businesses become more inclusive employers of disabled people.
Category: Webinar Recordings
Released On 2nd Jul 2020